Thursday, December 24, 2009

Reflection on Technology Course

  • In what ways has this course helped you to develop your own technology skills?

During this course I had to make and use a blog, an interactive wiki, and post a podcast. This course guided me through the above mentioned new technologies. It gave direction and guidance on how to become a 21st century learner as well as a 21st century teacher. It also showed me that even if you are not actual using an actual computer or piece of technology you may still be teaching 21st century skills in your classroom. It made me more aware of technology around me.

  • In what ways can you continue to expand your knowledge of technology integration with the aim of student achievement?

Of course I can continue expanding my knowledge by using the Internet. I can search for new articles or lessons on technology. I can continue blogging on different sites to keep up to date on new information. First and foremost just be a sponge on 21st century skills. Plan lessons that use 21st century skills in the classroom.

  • Set 2 long term goals

Goal 1-I plan to ask for more Smart Boards when we move locations next year. So my primary students can interact with technology on a more consistent basis. Also, take them to the Smart Board as often as possible.

Goal 2-Give my students more opportunities in the classroom to access interactive websites and podcasts during their center time. I will make a rotation chart so that each child has equal amounts of exposure to the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment